Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Soulmate...

I Carve Your Mouth, Your Voice ..

DON'T GO FAR OFF, NOT EVEN FOR A DAY
Don't go far off, not even for a day, because ---
because I don't know how to say it: a day is long
and I will be waiting for you, as in an empty station
when the trains are parked off somewhere else, asleep.
.
Don't leave me, even for an hour; because
then the little drops of anguish will all run together,
the smoke that roams for a home will drift
into me choking my lost heart.
.
Oh, may your silhouette never dissolve on the beach;
may your eyelid never flutter into the empty distance.
Don't leave me for a second, my dearest,
because in that moment you'll have gone so far
I'll wonder mazily over all the earth, asking
Will you come back? Will you leave me here dying?


By: Poblo Neruda

No comments: